Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Corn/Spread Trade *PIC*

This is a Spread trade from Moore Research that has been accurate for 15 out of the last 15 years:

Buy Dec Corn/Sell Sept Corn. Average profit 394 pts. I don't know squat about Corn and don't wish to know. But for those Wild Eyed Grain traders they might look at this trade due to the long positive track record of it. I personally don't care but thought some might so posted it with a chart.
Oh yes,the trade dates. Enter: April 7th and Exit:July 23rd. Don't know what any draw downs might have been over the lat 15 years in this time frame.
Technically price looks a little stretched out already and due for a pullback but that is another way of dealing with this trade entirely. I have found from my own research that these well documented trades from research firms with high track records often run up a couple of weeks ahead of the actual date as many professional traders get this data from research companies like Moore Research. This trade seems to have taken off early as well. In any case it's food for thought for a grain trader. You pays your money and takes your own chances. Or ignore it entirely. As I've said before if nothing else it's cheap entertainment......................