Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: No Breakout on the 10 yr Treasure Yield/S.Bear

Trades,
There is certainly a clearly defined channel here - I am also tempted to "tickle the dragon's tail" - but, your comment about fighting the Fed over rides all other considerations. They will do all that is necessary to hold rates down for the reasons you gave. Sort of reminds me of Soros's play on the BP back in 1991 - eventually interest rates will rise - and there have been several warnings about this 30 year bond bubble about to burst - etc... from those who play bonds. So, you take yer pick.
But, if I were a bettin' man - I'd take your bet and start loading the boat - lightly here - around the 1.80 - 2.00 area.

Buttt.... the other 50 pound gorilla is the usual rush to bonds when markets weaken. Just one more damn thing!!!

BTW - have you been watching the Yen lately? A trader bud is starting a short position after tonight when the BOJ anounces their IR policy. It's year end in Japan (March 31) lots of Yen being repatriated to boost balance sheets. Tells me that this happens every year - bottoms in April - then reverses. I'll also be watching this one.
I'M LOOKING FOR A BLOODY TREND TRADE!!!!