Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

A Market Review and Opinion Report For 22/04/2012

VOLATILITY ALERT

General Comments
This weekend’s triple euro zone event (IMF $430 billion backing, French election upset, and the Netherland budget vote woes) puts a panic in the markets ahead of some serious reports due out this week. Home sales, Fed meeting announcement, and Q1 GDP all setup a volatile week in the markets. Look for this to be a monster week of volatility which means a big dollar rally, crashing stock market and surging bond and yen prices.

Energies
Oil has stuck around $100 just long enough to force a panicked long liquidation once the selling begins – read this to say the market should start to crash today. Natural gas continues to search for a bottom and I continue to recommend both a long nat gas vs short crude oil spread and straight long term deep out of the money calls in Dec. natural gas to play a volatile rally in coming months without necessarily trying to time a perfect bottom entry.

Financials
Stocks look to test the lows of this recent selloff and I expect a thorough penetration and move to 1330 on the S&P in short order. Bonds remain a buy after recovering back into its congestion zone. The dollar is a buy as it bounces off key support tested on Friday’s lows. The euro is in trouble this week and I suspect some liquidation. The yen deserved a brief retracement but that should be a catalyst for building momentum into a volatile rally. I continue to stand by my forecast that:

The Japanese Yen futures will hit 140 before it hits 80 or I will quit writing the Weekend Commodities Review...forever.

Grains
A Friday bean rally sets up a test of the highs. I believe we at the top here in the grains and recommend put plays. Beans and corn should be focused on for short plays with a long wheat vs short corn recommended.

Meats
Re-read from last week: Cattle is in a bit of a freefall as expected and I recommend selling the bounces – double digit prices here we come! Hogs also broke support and are a sell.

Metals
Gold and silver offered a bit of congestion last week, but a rising dollar should force a big selloff this week. Copper remains a short.

Softs
Coffee is showing signs of supporting, but if you take a look at a monthly chart it is hard to see this market doing anything but heading south. Overall I would think coffee will congest, sucker some bulls up to as high as 190 and then fall again, this time making it to 148. Cocoa may spike up to a new near term high but overall I would be surprised if it broke through the March 28th highs, and see any bounce as an opportunity to jump short. Cotton remains avoidable while sugar and OJ are long term shorts.

Disclaimer: Trading in futures and options involves a substantial degree of a risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Fundamental factors, seasonal and weather trends, daily news, and other current events may have already been factored into the markets. Commodities trading can be extremely risky and is not for everyone. Some trading strategies have unlimited risk. Educate yourself on the risks and rewards of such investing prior to trading. James Mound Marketing Group, the publisher, and/or its affiliates, staff or anyone associated with James Mound Marketing Group or www.moundreport.com, do not guarantee profits or pre-determined loss points, and are not held monetarily responsible for the trading losses of others (subscribers or otherwise). Information provided is compiled by sources believed to be reliable. James Mound Marketing Group, and/or its principals, assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions as the information may not be complete or events may have been canceled or rescheduled. Any copy, reprint, broadcast or distribution of this report of any kind is prohibited without the expressed written consent of James Mound Marketing Group.