Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Ng ??/Lee/
In Response To: Re: Ng ??/Lee/ *PIC* ()

Also I always mention the 20ema as many markets depending on their volatility do see resistance when under the falling 20ema and see it as support when above and rising. Twenty trading days is 28 calendar days which is a well known cycle in most everything in nature. It does repeat all the time in so many things. So that does show up in charts. Just check out a bunch with a 20ema on them and see price poke its nose above or below depending on direction and then reverse. One could argue that 20sma would be more accurate but the lagging effect on simple moving averages need to be front weighted somewhat so ema moving averages best reflect trends. Just put both on such as a 20sma and 20ema and you'll see this sma lag and just meander all over the place long after price has reversed. Doesn't take too many charts to realize this. Just thought I'd mention this too as the 20ema is the main thing I watch for other than the chart pattern and price action itself. But regardless it is always an important component to track. If I only had one indicator to trade off of it would be the 20ema.