Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: beans *PIC*

Wayne, thank you for the well thought out response. I find it interesting.

The dynamics of markets is the reason why I like looking at charting/markets so much.
I also see at least the potential head and shoulders. If I was a seller, I would know that I could get a buyer to meet me at least half way up towards fifteen dollars. IF and when I saw sellers selling the heck out of beans at $14.70 - $14.75 range, I would believe in the downside, but not until I saw that.

Yes, the chart will tell us what the Chinese are doing. So far, it has been to the upside for the beans.
In Corn, the "open air" could be bait to receive sellers, who are forgetting that there is still ethanol market and an export industry. Time will always tell the true story. At a longer range, there is a lot of open air above $8.50, wouldn't you agree.

I uploaded one of my favorite charts for you to see. Take a look at the middle of September. Go back to a 25 year chart and see how much more "air" was to the upside over the downside when corn was trading at $2.50 - $2.65 range. Remember that 20 year high price was only $3.35. People were selling their mothers to get into the sell side of positions middle of September 2006 (at $2.65), saying that corn was going down to $2., or maybe bellow. because, there was no demand for it. Also, people laughed at the thought of Ethanol.

I heard that China does have a population. So does the rest of Asia, so I hear???

We will see,
Thank you though for the intelligent exchange of ideas.

Messages In This Thread

Re: beans *PIC*