Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Ema 4 and 20/Lee/Trades
In Response To: Re: Ema 4 and 20/Lee/ ()

Hi Trades,
Ok, I'll have to watch this .....
I only trade in the direction of the 20ema.

Was hoping this might work better than using the Bollenger bands to get a sense of when the short term intra day trend was running out of steam and about to reverse.

As with your comment:
"So the two closes on the other side of the 4ema is the trigger to exit the trend you are trading."

I think it was:
The "when to go back in" is where I was getting tangled up ????

Will have to go back to this and try again !!!!

I'm not trying to trade on one or two ticks, but if things suddenly reverse I want to get out.
The other night trading Dx, swings of 10, 20, 30 ticks occur often, and at 5/tick, it adds up. Then along comes the run that goes quite a bit further.

If Dx volume is up/reasonable, as it was the other night. If I could get 4 ticks ahead I would set a trailing stop at -2, then later at -3. Net effect was if get another one or two ticks up you are good to go, otherwise if stopped out you break even.

Before that, it's a manual exit if things turn. And clearly you want to be "right on top of it" till the stop is in place !!!

Thanks, Lee