Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: U.S.$ Index/Breaking Out/Trades
In Response To: U.S.$ Index/Breaking Out *PIC* ()

Hi Trades,
Thanks for the chart/comments.
Hopefully it will stay up and rise from here.
Euro seems to like this 1.289 ti 1.29 area and seems to "get stuck" in it tonight.
I was hoping the crap in Europe would have the Euro dropping by now ??? Oh Well .....

Made one OK $50 trade tonight, while following the ema's we discussed.

I just started following the ema's on the Euro intraday chart instead of Dx chart.
I think on such a short time frame (one or two min. chart) when the Euro is definitely driving Dx it is hard to see anything useful on the Dx chart, but maybe will be able to make something of the Euro chart.

A one tick change in the euro, you can see the Dx bid/ask adjust and the next trade soon follows. Essentially I am suggesting that the Dx chart is just what the Euro forces it to be. Clearly this also says that the "other constituent currencies" of Dx are "out of the picture" at the moment. I.E. not changing.
Right now, the Ec Ema20 has pretty much flattened out with only one tick moves above/below the 20 which is just boring noise until something starts to move a bit ???

Do you get "real time" charts from Qcharts ?? How about streaming quotes/data ??

Thanks, Lee