Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: U.S.$ Index/Breaking Out #1/Lee

Well here with Shaw cable they recently changed the modem to a modem/router combination by Cisco Systems. Gargage quality compared to the old much better built Motorola modem and separate Net-gear router. I had Linkless router years ago and tossed it as the techs here said it did not compare to Net-gear. But when I was having computer problems it was due to the Cisco modem/router. And I couldn't really go back to the old Motorola modem and separate router that had worked so well as the package from Shaw was different and needs the Cisco modem. I've had it replaced once and had to have new Network cards in two computers for $177 plus my printer never worked anymore so have replaced that too. But the main thing to fixing the problem wasn't just having another Cisco modem installed. The key was forgetting about all this wireless bullshit that is nothing but grief a lot of the time. I connected both computers here to hard wired again and with a few other adjustments everything is working fine now. Any tech will tell you hard wired is far better than wireless. But I'd like to shove the Cisco modem up Cisco's you know what as if you look at it along side a Motorola modem from before there is no comparison in quality. Cisco always was a basket case of a stock but I guess they made a modem cheaper than Motorola and sold Shaw millions of them in a contract to supply all their customers. Cheaper isn't better unfortunately so companies that focus on price over quality lose business. They are likely very sorry they switched to Cisco. But they are up to their asses with them now. If I have problems again I will re hook up my Motorola modem and Net-gear router for my daughter's laptop and tell them to make it work or cancel their service. There is competition now in internet service here so they do have to perform or lose accounts. That is a nice change. Gotta love competition.