Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

the older ones understand?
In Response To: 84 years ago? ()

The june an august dates let us know when.

The older posters and readers likes and understand this type of market!
Nice and slow, one that can go on and on and on?

The kind us older traders can just get in a ride and over load on the buy side and even forget the shorts if they desire?

We know the younger people and the media want big run ups and fast growing economies. But us older ones know that is not the way.
Slow, consistant and easy! Like it has been the past few years is the right way and the profitable way!

so far everything has looked very good and everything has been very profitable!

This is actually the only time that I can remember when longs are have been more profitable than shorts in a given time period.
Great times to live and trade for the older ones like me!

Have of course at all times had some puts. Because in all markets there is profits both way. But mostly CALLS! BABY!
Like one of my friends said last year. Only a fool would have puts in this type of market? ;)

It is getting close to the time though to start looking for a few more puts? Then later this year another ride up and up. Maybe through 2015?

lets see what Obama does from now on. He was re=elected as most though and most knew to get long the market before his major re-election win. It was nice because there was no doubt he would win it.

Just be with the crowd and you can lose?

If you need advice just ask some of your older friends who trade. The younger ones and the media would have you selling and in puts for the past
4 years or so? LOL!