Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Schrödinger's Cat
In Response To: Schrödinger's Cat ()

This reminds me of the arguments I used to have with my physicist friend. He would argue Schrödinger's Cat was both dead and alive. No says I, the cat is either dead or alive...you just don't know which. I get the argument, I just liked to piss him off till he would finally admit that this is a bad example of quantum mechanics and was designed so the lowest common denominator could get a glimpse of quantum mechanics. That was me...the lowest common denominator. I couldn't start to work the math required to do this stuff. In addition to that and much to the dismay of my old man...I am an absolutist.

The old man would always tell me...son, there are no absolutes. I used to sit and try to devise absolutes to disprove his statement. Never succeeding until I finally came to the conclusion that the statement...there are no absolutes...is in and of itself...an absolute. Unfortunately, someone looked into his box and decided the poison had been released and he was indeed dead...before I figured that out. Poor guy...went to meet his maker thinking there were no absolutes.

Which reminds me, and this is something he surely has found out after thirty some odd years of being dead...death is an absolute.

Where am I going with this...I have no fricking idea. I'm bored and that's a dangerous thing.

Hey...have I mentioned lately that I love that damned zero turn mower I got a month or so ago. I'm going to have withdrawals when the grass stops growing. That may or may not keep me from riding it.

Messages In This Thread

Schrödinger's Cat