Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Swissy *PIC*
In Response To: Re: Swissy *PIC* ()

Nice, thanks! But I don't even want to know what I could have made. Uggh! I try not to do that to myself.

A friend of mine had interest in a few gas wells. He got into a divorce situation and the IRS confiscated his interest in the gas wells. He needed 9K to pay off the debt. He offered me 1/2 of his interest for the 9K. At the time 9K wasn't spit for me but I declined. We remained friends. After a while he got the IRS paid off and reclaimed his interests. After that by a few years they cut in half the spacing on the wells to the point the property could double the well count. He must have had an overriding interest because I don't remember him having to come up with the money to participate in the new wells but he gained the interest in the new wells.

At some point he was bringing in something like 15K a month(I think it was). I could have owned 1/2 of that had I bailed him out for the 9K.

I try not to think about that very often cause it hurts so bad when I do. :-(