Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: cut off federal funds - please

Call it .. but it's not. Who, other than a nut, would attempt coyote hunting with a sidearm?

With my Weatherby .243, I can hold a five shot quarter sized pattern at 100 yards. However, I would not use that for coyote. An open sight lever action ... or semi auto work nicely. I preferred the 30=-30 as it didn't rip up the hides.

You're going to miss a few .. but, it's similar to shooting skeet ... or hunting quail .. you simply have to get your lead corrected. It ain't rocket science. Although, it might be considered nuclear physics to someone that actually hunts coyote with a side arm.

Again, it's not being the best shot .. it's knowing the lead. I shot skeet with Boyd Wickham, back in the eighties ... I believe he held the .410 world record, established during a shoot-off, at the NSSA in San Antonio .. in the late seventies. I don't know about it now, but it still was the record in the late nineties. At many a tournament, I've run 100 open bore .. twice in 28 ... NEVER in .410. Wickham''s record shoot off .. was 243. So, even the second place went to someone that nailed 242.

A sniper, with the proper sights and adjustment, can pick a small target at five hundred yards (plus) but I know a sniper (rated as such) that cannot even run the full 100 in international skeet? The day that I shot with him .. he didn't even run a round (25). Why? Because he is not trained on lead.

I used to know a man that, with a .22 rim fire, that could break 22 out of 25 shooting skeet. That's a shot .. remember those clays are flying at around 55 mph, American skeet and around 65 mph for international skeet.

Call bullchit all that you desire ... I am nowhere as good as the man with the .22 on hitting the eight stations, but dropping a coyote from a moving vehicle ain't that tough.

Messages In This Thread

cut off federal funds - please
Re: cut off federal funds - please CORRECTION
Re: cut off federal funds - please *LINK*
Re:I'm changing the header on this thread...
Re: New 007 Movie Starring LUAB *NM*
Re: New 007 Movie Starring LUAB
Re: New 007 Movie Starring LUAB
Re: cut off federal funds / prototype schl bus *PIC*