Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: cut off federal funds - please

Hey...coyote was there, I was there, sidearm was there. Pop. You got to use what you got. One of the funniest things we used to do when we had a new friend come shoot with us was to set up gallon milk jugs at 100 yards and shoot them with pistols. They would shoot over the top every time. Time and time again. Then I would take to shooting them one after the other with my .44 or .45 or even the 9...didn't matter. What we had learned was people would overestimate how much the bullet would drop in a 100 yards. Truth was, if you just aimed on, it would hit. So, coyote at 65 yards with el pistola wasn't that great a feat, assuming you could shoot one in the first place.

Could be the reason we missed the target while drive by-ing was we were shooting paper. As you approached there was nothing to see but a piece of paper edgewise so the shot had to be taken as we "flew" by the front of the paper. One of my friends was an excellent wing shot and he couldn't hit the paper on the drive by, either. Who knows.

Here's how good I am at wing shooting. When we would go dove hunting, I had one of those 5 gallon bucket seats with a swivel top seat on it. I would fill the bucket about 3/4 full...250 rounds? I would shoot and shoot...if I got 5 to 10 birds...I was having a good day. hahaha

If it's running on the ground like a rabbit or flushes like quail or pheasant...they're dead. Flying through the air...well...not so much.

P.S. I typo-ed on my last post...it was a S&W 629 .44 not 689. I bought that pistol and took it shooting. It was so off, the rear blade was nearly off the side of its mount to make it hit center. I packed it up...sent it back to S&W with a note that ended..."if you boys can't make a pistol that shoots any better than this, just keep it". They must have taking that as a personal affront because when I got it back they had that thing dead eye on. If I lined those sights up on something, it was going to have a .44 caliber hole in it. Nice pistol!

I'll rescind my BS call but I'll still have to keep it under...I'll have to see it to believe it. :-))

Messages In This Thread

cut off federal funds - please
Re: cut off federal funds - please CORRECTION
Re: cut off federal funds - please *LINK*
Re:I'm changing the header on this thread...
Re: New 007 Movie Starring LUAB *NM*
Re: New 007 Movie Starring LUAB
Re: New 007 Movie Starring LUAB
Re: cut off federal funds / prototype schl bus *PIC*