Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: cut off federal funds - please

Haha...Don't be hatin on us pistoleros.

In my younger days when we practiced a lot...I was good. Really good. When I took my carry permit test back then and did the shooting part, the instructor came to look at the target after the first 7 or so rounds at relatively close range. He pulled his assistant aside and was pointing at my target...then he walked up to it...looked at the front...looked at the back. I could tell he thought I had shot one hole on the paper and then shot the rest off the target so as to only leave one hole in the target. No...I was just that good, when I finished the 50 round shoot from varying distances you could have easily covered the hole with a quarter.

I can't see well enough to do that anymore plus I don't have the strength in my arms to make like a shooting vice but I'm still fair. I shot at a coyote in the front yard once and missed(35-40 yards) many years after I had stopped practicing and had gotten old. Missed. The woman witnessed that...periodically, throughout the day, she would say...I can't believe you missed that coyote. She was so used to seeing everything I aimed at die, she just couldn't fathom a miss.

I tell you what got me so good was thousands upon thousands of rounds. I used to cast by own lead bullets to reload. Went shooting every two weeks for several years and if I didn't have 500 .44's loaded up, I stayed home. Shot and shot and shot.

The secret to pistol-ing and maybe all things shooting is, to me, learning to ignore the recoil. You're not going to be able to stop it so just let it happen and concentrate on what you do after it happens...if your in rapid fire mode. Once I learned how to shoot the .44 all smaller calibers were like...nothing.

I love shooting .22's now a days. I inherited a CZ .22 rifle from a friend who passed away. He kept telling me it was THE most accurate .22 he had ever seen. Of course I had to razz him about that as you can't allow the friends to have nothing better than what you have. I started shooting that thing and damned if he wasn't telling the truth. That little dude is something else. I put a decent scope on it and can, from a rest, punch out 1 inch groups with it at 100 yards. That's saying something for a .22.

Not much better than sitting down with friends and slinging a piece of lead down range.

Anyway...that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Messages In This Thread

cut off federal funds - please
Re: cut off federal funds - please CORRECTION
Re: cut off federal funds - please *LINK*
Re:I'm changing the header on this thread...
Re: New 007 Movie Starring LUAB *NM*
Re: New 007 Movie Starring LUAB
Re: New 007 Movie Starring LUAB
Re: cut off federal funds / prototype schl bus *PIC*