Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: health ins.
In Response To: Re: health ins. ()

Clean livin' Doc .. Just clean livin'.

Interesting that you made this comment, today. I ran out to the tobacco store and there was someone pulling on their stogie, that was into all of the "terrible foods" and poisons that big business is pouring into our systems.

I just went to pick up a pound of Virginia Bright, a pound of white burley, half a pound of fire cured Cavendish, a half pound of latakia, and a quarter pound of perique. Mix those all up in a large humidor .. let 'em "marry" for a couple of months and you have, in my opinion, the finest ship's blend that has ever been stuffed into briar.

While I was waiting for my order to be filled .. I just kept listening as, between puffs on his cigar, he waxed and waned on food being so much different fifty years ago .. and how everyone was so much healthier .. and everyone, today, is overweight .. and it's all due to the terrible food that we consume.

I just kept thinking .. how does someone get fat .. they consume more calories than they expend .. and why do people eat so much ..

The only remark that I made to him, was .. Why if the food was so good then ... and so bad now .. Why has the life expectancy increased, in such a dramatic fashion? He just looked at me .. really did not answer the question .. and talked about how they put additives in the food to make us eat more and get fatter and fatter.

Now, this guy was not exactly what I would consider thin . His waistline had to be at least thirty-eight inches .. perhaps forty ..

I told him .. that's as good of an excuse as any .. for being fat.