Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: $540,701,000,000:U.S.Property Taxe hits Record

Hi, ICan'tDance. That is, to a certain degree true. However, I do not accept Section 8 .. and most of my properties are a little above what Section 8 would pay .. although, not by much .. In this suburb .. for a four bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2200 square foot house, with the amenities such as central air, attached garages, outdoor lighting, etc. .. Section 8 would pay $1640.00 per month. Two of my houses, that would hit that criteria .. and have updates that are six years old, or less .. I charge only $1500.00 .. The tenants, in those two houses, have been with me .. since I remodeled them and put them out to rent. Loyalty works both ways.

However, all of my tenants know that .. with a property tax increase .. there, eventually, will be a rent increase .. and, if they're to be believed .. the vote against the levies.

Most homes in the suburbs in which I own properties, are owner occupied . VAST majority .. as, on one street, Brandywine, I own two houses. The corner lot was the first, in that neighborhood, that had ever been a rental. The other one I own ..was the second. On that street . they used to give me some pretty nasty looks.

So, I don't know if it is the renters that keep the levies a comin' and comin' .. or just the stupidity of the homeowners.

The Brandywine properties .. just nine or ten years ago .. had a millage rate of 1.6% .. This year, that we'll be writing the checks for next year .. it's now over 5%.

So, a hundred fifty thousand dollar house .. that's over $7500.00 per year. Some properties, the assessment is over two hundred thousand ... If interest rates would ever go back to normal .. I'd be out of this crap in a heartbeat.