Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: London
In Response To: Re: London ()

Basically, it was a grades based private scholarship they gave me to offset the difference between instate tuition and the out of state tuition I was charged because I wasn't a resident of the State of Texas and to cover cost of books. It wasn't a lot but I appreciated the people for their generosity. They helped a lot of people.

The people that funded the scholarships(there were several) were wealthy(obviously) who had made it big in the petroleum industry in the area. Very good people.

Yea, yea, I was a member of a geology honors society.

I was big man in the geology department. Had the ear of all the professors. The pecking order went...head prof. next prof. third prof...Wayne Fisher. HA!

I went out for a visit 4 or 5 years after I left...was introduced to a student by one of the profs...student said...Oh yea, I've heard about you. When I got there everybody talked about some guy before me...the previous big man...when I left they talked about me and I know it all couldn't have been good! :-0

I was a character. My name lived in infamy long after my departure.

I don't like to brag so I never mention it much because who the hell cares.

Messages In This Thread

London
Re: London /icd