Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Looking to hookup?
In Response To: Looking to hookup? *LINK* ()

I don't think so, Tim.

The one and only time I've been off shore fishing was, I guess, not even really ocean fishing because we were in the bay at Port Aransas, TX. We hooked a 15-20 lb Crevalle Jack . A trash fish according to our captain who called it a Jack Crevalle. That little fish drug us all over the bay. There were four of us...The Woman hooked it but her arms broke down fast. I took the pole and reeled a while...passed it to one friend who then passed it to another and then back to me. Finally the captain gave up on us and more or less took us to the fish.

We had foul hooked it in the side which made it all the harder to reel in. The third guy was more a friend of my friend. He said, "I sure appreciate y'all letting me help with that fish." My friend and I looked at him and pretty much in unison, said..."let? What the hell do you mean let, we were whipped!" We played that fish...or maybe more accurately...it played us for over a half an hour.

They say the jack crevalle is a trash fish but some say they eat it...all agree it's a bulldozer of a fish and I know why.

Regardless...I don't think you'll find me out there trying to reel in something the size of a Blue Marlin!

Messages In This Thread

Looking to hookup? *LINK*