Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Gann wheel
In Response To: Re: Gann wheel ()

"I never could figure the thing out"

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger on that one. I doubt whoever made it could figure it out, either.

I can't see the one up for sale on here very well(amazing that anyone would go back 4 years in the archives to find it) but from what I can see, one might consider that the square and triangle "spinning overlay" is like a "time computer". If you were to place one corner of the square overlay on a date of a high or low the other three corners would point out, in time, where the 90, 180, 270 degree points land in time(every 90 days/weeks/months). 120, 240 with the triangle overlay. IMHO.

What the hell the square price chart is doing in the middle...I have no clue. I still contend that most of the stuff, like the square of nine, twelve, etc. are little more than Gann's proofs of his theorem. Take, for example, the square of nine...across the top row of the sq of 9 and you will see 9, 18, 27, 36 and on out. There's no need but if you add a zero to those numbers you get 90, 180, 270, and 360. Theoretically proving the importance of the square and it's four corner degree's 90, 180, 270, and 360. Same with the sq of 12...top row 12, 24, 36, 48...120, 240, 360, etc.

All of this is just my opinion, of course, and subject to the same flaws as my market calls...I could be wrong.

I remember back in the day...in here...when the mere mention of Gann's name would cause much gnashing of teeth and wailing. :-))