Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

ICD...

Friday night I was restarting the computer just to freshen it up. I do that periodically just to reset everything. This time...that little spinning "wait" think just kept spinning and spinning. After about 30 minutes it started shooting me options as to hoe to fix it. So I started following them starting with, what looked like, the least radical solution first. Didn't work...next stronger step...nothing...finally got to the point I had to "restore"(I think it was called) wherein I would lose all my apps but retain my data.

I'm thinking, that's not bad, I don't have very many apps. Got it up and running and everything was gone..trading program, e-mail, all of it...gone. Data was there but I couldn't do anything with it. My first mistake...not knowing what we used to call "a program" as in my trading program is now called an app. Otay.

I finally got it all put back together with some help from the Dell Neph. He said sometimes Microsoft would load on such a big update that it takes forever to download and put into the computer that many people think the computer has crashed and start doing what I did. Nice!

It all reminded me of the discussion we had a few weeks ago about allowing or not, in your case, Microsoft to update the computer.

Talk about a premonition discussion. :-))

Messages In This Thread

ICD...
Re: ICD...
Re: ICD...