Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Irma...

One of my friends that lives in Florida called today from his "Safe Place" in Ocala. He was safe and sound but that's about all I got out of the conversation because the service was so sucky. I asked him how bad it was...he said it was pretty bad but no one he knew of in the area suffered death or serious injury. Haven't heard from other friends who live in St. Petersburg...right on the bay. So on the bay they have a boat slip in the bay. Real nice area...millionaire row. I imagine they bugged out and are unable to get in contact...at least I hope that's the case.

Depending on which radar you put on the TV determines the "ugly" of the storm. They pasted one on the TV a minute ago...it had these bright red areas alluding to how bad it was. Well, one of the worst looking areas was here in middle, TN. it looked like it ought to be pitching a holy hell biiitch out here. It has sprinkled...sprinkled so little if you had built a cone shape water gathering device with a 50 x 50 foot tarp...you could have put a thimble at the bottom of the cone and not filled it up. Then, all the radars and wind maps are saying we are experiencing a 25 mile per hour wind. If you were going to do a painting of a tree out here and needed the leaves to be perfectly still...you need to be here. There is no air movement.

I suspect the map they put up on the tube was some kind of infrared map or something. Just to make it look WAY more impressive than whats actually going on here. They are apt to do that from time to time. Justify their existence or the time they spent on the hurricane.

Whatever it was, it was deceiving.

Messages In This Thread

Irma...
Re: Irma...
Re: Irma...