Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Trading hacked reports... *LINK*

I was thinking yesterday as the Fed statements caused the currencies to go crazy...man, if someone could get a hold of this info before hand they could make some crazy money.

Not exactly the same thing but, yea...it's the same as. hacking never crossed my mind...I guess I'm a product of "Trading Places" generation where there would have to be some clandestine operation to steal the physical report in transport...they probably don't even put it on paper anymore. hahaha

I'm a dinosaur.

"WASHINGTON—The top U.S. markets regulator disclosed Wednesday that hackers penetrated its electronic system for storing public-company filings last year and may have traded on the information.
The Securities and Exchange Commission’s chairman, Jay Clayton, revealed the breach in an unusual and lengthy statement issued Wednesday evening that didn’t provide many details about the intrusion, including the extent of any illegal trading."

Messages In This Thread

Trading hacked reports... *LINK*
Re: Trading hacked reports...
Re: Trading hacked reports...