Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Top 20% pay 95% of taxes
In Response To: Re: Top 20% pay 95% of taxes ()

Hello, ICanDance.

As far as the burden for social security and Medicare ... Thank Jimmy the Worthless One Carter and Ronnie the Commie Reagan.

In 1968, the first year wherein there was any additional charge for Medicare, Self Employment Tax ... FULL burden, was 2.5%. When Title Act 18 was not a portion of the blend, it was 2%.

That exorbitant amount was to pay the "greatest generation" ... The biggest welfare suckers at the hog trough.

Sales tax is the cost of purchasing. Cut down on purchasing what you do not absolutely need .... it lessens the burden. Property tax is another matter .... Some suburbs where I own property are at close to 6% of assessed valuation (actually, slightly above market value). Property tax levies, at least here, all go to ballot. I cannot blame the government for the sheer abject stupidity of the voter. Well, well, don't you know .... "It's for the children ...."

Goodness, but I HATE the STUPID populace.