Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Turkey day and a wicked pot-o-beans...

My older sister is a master cook...because I say she is...she cooks old school country style...no fake butter for her...real butter and when it comes to vegetable oil vs lard for frying whatever...lard wins out. Every fried thing and baked thing is better using lard. Some holiday meals she cooks everything, some she allows others to cook the side dishes. Her turkey and dressing will make you slap yo mama.

This year, as most times when we are allowed to cook, I get charged with manufacturing the green beans. No canned chit allowed. Start with raw beans...snap them...throw them in some salted water with ham hocks or hog jowl and an onion...and use a cast iron pot to cook them in. Cook for hours and hours the day before...let rest over night..cook a few more hours before taking them to the place of consumption. Those are my instructions...she doesn't even really allow for your own cooking style...do it my way or stay away. So I follow orders...if I do say so myself, I make a mean pot-o-beans even if all I am is a robot for her cooking. :-))

Hoping everyone enjoys their family time and eats till you're sick on this Thanksgiving day.