Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Hitting North Korea... *LINK*

This is a little bit of a long story but possibly germane to today's happenings. About 1986, I was gong to do some field research with life long friend and geology professor and his now wife, then girlfriend. I was sitting in the back seat of the jeep as we were trekking across bum frick northwest Texas. I had, as usual, been partying the night before and was tired. I fell asleep as we were going along. I was yanked awake by a tremendous roar. The first thought that crossed my sleeping mind was that we were hit by a tornado. I quickly looked in the rear view mirror only to see old professor with this chit eating grin looking back at me...he thought it was funny that cool, calm me had been startled to that extent. I looked out the right side of the jeep to see two F-4 jets streaking away from us...sucking dirt(flying low), flying fast, pouring black smoke out their asss like those type jets are want to do.

Big deal? A short time later...Reagan bombed Gaddafi. Big deal? No...practice run.

Here lately there has been concern across the nation about mysterious "booms" going on.

Now this as a possible explanation..."But there now may be an explanation for at least some of the events. A report in the U.K.’s Daily Star said “it is thought supersonic aircraft are most likely responsible.” The report came after a number of “booms” were heard Wednesday in Texas. A Fort Hood spokesman confirmed live-fire exercises and B-1 “Lancer” bombers were responsible, the report said.

Big deal? No...practice run. Practicing for what? North Korea.

This looks like been there done that.

If it is practice runs and we hit North Korea...I would suspect the markets would go into spasms for a little while. Hopefully, it won't last long. Well, it better not take long. If we do hit NK we better hit em with all we have else it turns into really bad news for South Korea. Everybody justifiably is worried about the 200,000 pieces of artillery the North has amassed along the border with the south. Most believe we can not effectively neutralize them fast enough to keep huge numbers of South Koreans from being killed. They are wrong. There's at least one way...a string of tactical nukes.

Could get interesting...soon...after Christmas.