Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

On leaders and followers...

When I was in school doing the geology thing we had this thing we had to do called Geology field camp. We had to pack up and go to Salida CO for six weeks where we walked over mountains and down stream beds looking at the vast array of geologic stuff. We slept in a high school gymnasium on cots. It tested one's character to an extent. We traveled around in two extended dodge vans...20 or so students per. There was something of a rivalry between the vans because most people rode in the same van everyday so we got to know our van mates better than the others.

One day, late into the adventure, our van got home a little ahead of the other van. I went into the gym and found a black garbage bag. Hmmm...that would make a great huge water balloon. So I filled it with as much water as I thought it would hold without breaking. I don't know how much water was there 7 gallons? Anyway, I started walking out to the drive way to meet the other van. Somehow they figured out what I was doing and raised all the windows when they pulled in...I threw my giant water balloon and it worked great. Splashed the whole side of the van down. It was too bad they had the windows up.

I never said a word about what I was doing...just did it. It was my thing. After I did it the van continued the 150 feet to the gym door. I didn't pay them any attention and started cleaning up the fragments of the bag...my back to the door. All of a sudden I heard a ruckus behind me. I turned around and there was a tremendous water fight going on. My vans people against the other van. I guess my van peeps like the other vans peeps figured out what I was doing and armed up. Even the professors got involved. The other vans peeps had armed themselves pretty well from there canteens and water bottles and big water cooler. It was hilarious. I just stood there watching...thinking...what have ye wrought. As I said, I never said a thing to anyone about what I was doing...nothing...I just thought I wanted to water balloon the other van and acted.

After I thought about it I decided that's what a leader does...he does...others will follow. As it turned out, it was a good study in human nature.

I watched bits and pieces of Trump last night...it's still hard for me to listen to him speak for very long...but it dawned on me...Trump is carrying that big black garbage bag full of water towards that other van...except the dumb asses in the other van aren't smart enough to see it coming. The windows have been left down and they are fixing to get drenched...a much better tactician than Wayne with his water balloon. Trump is a leader of maximum proportions. In our lifetime we likely have seen no other like him. I know anybody under 30 hasn't. He is on the order of the great battle field generals, surpassed by none. A once in a lifetime happening in a time of peace. In war...more emerge.

Onward, Trump...

Messages In This Thread

On leaders and followers...
Re: On leaders and followers...