Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Verdict...

Back when I was in my teens my old man used to get pissed at me because I almost refused to call people on the phone to ask about this or that. Why son, will you not talk to people on the phone. I said...because I can't see what they are thinking. If you practice, or maybe it's just a gift, you can read a person from a mile away most of the time. The eye's are the window to the soul, the old saying goes. I can read people like a champ...not perfect but pretty damned good.

I met my high tech surgeon today. I was instantly impressed before he said a word. Killer eyes. Intense...bright...on fire. This boy is on top of his game. Course I read up on him before I even went. He's something else. He said at the end of our conversation...this is what I do...I'm a one trick pony. I said, I know...I read up on you and I can see in your eye's you're a bad boy. His response...would you call my wife and tell her that. HA! Won't deal with a person who doesn't have a sense of humor.

What he meant by one trick pony is he only does Skull Base surgery and from what I could find out on the net...he's one of the best if not the best. Which brings us to the surgery. The polyp grew from my regular sinus into the sphenoid sinus. That little bastard sinus cavity resides under the base of you skull between your eyes. part of the upper bone structure encases the pituitary gland. That bone structure around the pituitary and most of the bone structure to the right of that that separates the brain from the rest of the stuff under the skull is extraordinarily thin to gone. This means he has to run the polyp cutter along the membrane that holds the fluid that surrounds your brain. The polyp has started to encase the right optical nerve that runs just above the sphenoid sinus cavity bone that, in me, no longer exists. So he has to bump his cutter up against my optical nerve and cut away the polyp. Else it continues to choke of the optical nerve eventually blinding me.

I say...he has to run the cutter along this or that. He never touches the cutter. They map out the area via a catscan...the lock my head in place...the cutter with, as I understand it, a computer controlled feeler locates itself vie a live catscan or something and moseys along cutting away polyp tissue. Touch...cut...touch cut. Same along the Brain fluid membrane. Where there is bone left, mostly on the left side of the sphenoid cavity...it bumps along the bone. It's 100% computer driven like a CNC machine. Some of the techniques and machinery and techniques created by this guy and his team-o-cutters.

Are they concerned about there being no bone were there once was bone. No. Done several that have been worse than mine. You just live your life w/o bone there.

Is it dangerous? Yes. Should they accidentally cut that brain membrane they'll have to fix that. Can they nick my optical nerve? Yep. In that case, I suspect I'm blind in that eye. And the chit of that is...it's my shooting eye. Otherwise...ehh what the hell. I'll get me an eye patch and be like shiver me timbers mateys.

So the verdict is somewhat death defyingly dangerous but survivable and considered by them to be pretty common practice. This is their one trick pony, This is what they do and they are in vying for top of the heap with the likes of The Mayo clinic with no one declaring a winner.

We're on for the operation but don't know when. Soon. Couple of weeks.

I am actually looking forward to getting it done so I can get back to normal.

I really do want y'all to know your well wishes and prayers were a real boost to my morale and I appreciated every one of them.