Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Trump's Food Plan for the poor

Man, other than severe punishment for those with the earlier referenced income .. If you're on meds (I am on none) ... it's like nirvannah. The "death panels" .. or the CMS group that determines if you're too old ... or it's not economically feasible, for certain treatments was discontinued. The hundreds of billions (yes hundreds, with a B) that were being taken from Medicare, to fund the ACA, although not being returned ... those funds, will no longer be stolen from Medicare to partially fund ACA. The list is actually quite long ... one thing in particular ... Medicare has NEVER funded long term care. As of 2019, there are provisions, especially for some Plan C (Advantage Plans) that will do so.

None of it will really benefit me. But, for those that have higher utilization rates, many of the changes will really be big time for them. I don't know how all of this is going to be funded. Are there that many seniors, with the half million/three quarter million incomes .. that will be charged substantially more .. are there actually so many that it's going to make a difference?

If so, I really feel bad ... not making anywhere near that annual amount.

Those changes were just recently passed. Give it a month and they should hit medicare.gov website.