Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

car break in and security cameras...

Last week my neph...the one who lives in Austin...had is car entered and his handgun and work computer stolen.

1. don't leave your weapon in your car.
2. don't leave anything in your car you don't want stolen
3. and first...lock yer fricken car...even at home.

The boy said he never leaves his gun in the car and always locks his door. I just didn't this one time. What are the odds?

Anyway, he went to the gun store...spent some money. Somewhere out there is another hot gun running around.

The cool thing...he bought some security cameras for outside the house. Hooked them up and then sent me an invite to hook up so I could see out his cameras.

That is the coolest thing since sliced bread! I can connect and see what's going on outside his house. Not that that is all that exciting but it's just cool that it can be done. He gets an alert on his phone whenever something goes past his motion sensor. So as to not become overwhelmed by alerts at every little thing that goes by, he can mark out zones in his yard that he wants an alert on.

He can pay to store 10 days of footage or 30 days. 10 days is 150 a year. not bad. Along the bottom of the screen is a timeline bar...it puts a little dot whenever something triggers the motion sensor and a green dot whenever something triggers the motion sensor inside his "zone" so you just click on the little dot and retrieve video of whatever it was that triggered the sensor.

I know these things are out there...but until having the opportunity to play with one, I didn't realize how cool they are.

So what did I do...got up and waited...waited...waited...then he left for work...I send him a message...damn boy, half the day's gone and you're just now going to work. He'll probably live to regret letting me on to monitor his camera's. :-)