Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

one day... *LINK* *PIC*

One day, when I was about 13, I was out back shooting ye old bow and arrow. I noticed a round tube shaped cloud that went from horizon to horizon north to south. It was rolled up like a tube and was very close to the ground..."spinning around its horizontal axis" as it came in. So ominous looking, I grabbed up the bow and arrows and ran upstairs where the family was...holler at Dad...you need to come look at this. Urgency in my voice causing him to immediately pop out of chair and follow me to a window. I yanked back the curtains and pointed. Old man immediately yells to everyone else...get to the basement, NOW!

To the basement we went. Big wind blew! I always thought it was a tornado turned on it's side.

This must have been what it was...

"These clouds are so rare, you could go your whole life and never see one in person,"

"Roll clouds usually appear to be “rolling” about a horizontal axis, but should not be confused with funnel clouds."

"It’s a “roll cloud,” the National Weather Service (NWS) explains. These rare cloud formations are “low, horizontal tube-shaped arcus cloud associated with a thunderstorm gust front,” or sometimes, a cold front, NWS says. Roll clouds are completely detached from the thunderstorm base or other cloud features."