Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Do ya think?
In Response To: Do ya think? *LINK* ()

My first cellular (analog) I picked up in '86 or '87. It was what they called a "bag phone", rated in ohms. Sixty bucks per month, with 30 minutes. Anything over the thirty was billed at 2.29 per minute. Still carried a pager .... and NO one, outside of my wife and secretary had the number. Those were the days.

The first time that I noticed cellular use tearing apart the family unit was in '96. I was having a meal at a Red Robin (American Restaurant), in Seoul, Korea .... Korea was far ahead of the US, technology wise. In came a family of three, a father, mother and daughter. They were seated and the daughter's phone rang and she started a conversation. Within three minutes, the mother's phone rang ... same thing. Finally, the father must have gotten lonely, so out comes his phone and he places a call.

I was shocked. Today, anywhere in the world ... even third world nations ... that's a common occurrence, with the exception of them, perhaps, texting and/or web surfing.