Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Do ya think?
In Response To: Re: Do ya think? ()

I had a guy remodeling with me that could run a tape measure...hammer nails...move wood...whatever...with his shoulder scrunched up to his ear with a phone pinned between his shoulder and ear. I finally had enough and told him while we're on my jobs, the phone goes. If he had a problem not talking on it I could help him turn off his phone with this hammer...as I flailed the hammer about. hahaha!!

He got the message and that was that. I didn't mind him using it on occasion and it didn't seem to slow him down but the constant babbling about nothing got on my nerves and interrupted my train of though. Plus, I didn't think it looked very professional.

I was in a restaurant, can't remember which it was, but they had these storage boxes at each table with "put phone in here"(or something similar) written on them. Trying to get people to pay attention to who they were there with.

When the Texas Neph would come to town both of his brothers and I would go fishing. Out would come the phones. Finally had to make a "boat rule"...NO PHONES ALLOWED! I had the mighty flip phone in case of emergency but no other phones are allowed. If you rather be talking on the phone...stay off the boat.

They are the epitome of bad manners and all this doesn't even touch on the morons who can barely drive when using their undivided attention driving around trying to text or talk on the phone.