Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: That was strange...
In Response To: Re: That was strange... ()

What's FM?

I talked to the "repair man" today...the conversation was very interesting after he stopped laughing when I asked if they called and had the electric company reset the stuff by killing the power. hahaha!! No we can't do that.

He showed me a log of errors that I was developing because the dsl was pushing more data through the line than it could handle causing the overload data to be gathered and sent after all that could go through went through. He said that everything they do is based on line distance or a loop from here to a bigger line to carry the data. I am pushing data at a speed that requires a loop of no more then 4100 feet...2050 to the bigger line and 2050 back. The nearest bigger line to me is 5600 foot loop. The 5600 foot loop falls in a output speed limit of 10 mbs(I think is the measurement unit) and I'm set up to push it through at 14mbs...overloading the loop length...so it backs up and has to resend the overdose of data...creating an error signal to them.

That's some interesting chit there but it has to have been doing that since it was set up years ago and had nothing whatsoever to do with my most recent problems.

Still strange that the power outage last night seems to have fixed things to where the internet is running like a champ.

Oh well, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.