Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

DOW, uncertainty, and the media *LINK*

I wonder if the constant drumbeat of negative and troublesome news from the media doesn't control the DOW(indices in general) to a large degree...or at least a significant degree? I assume most people ingest some sort of news on a regular basis. There's a lot of it out there, kinda hard to miss all of it. It's just about always negative and seems more to direct than to inform.

Here's an example...the dems put out their talking point of a "blue wave". As soon as they did, all the media picked up on it. So big a wave it was going to be, even Ted Cruz was going to loose his seat in Deep Red Texas. The doom and gloom has ensued, all the while Ole Teddy's shot of loosing the seat is about nil...and everybody knows it. Could happen...likely not. But...the Dow et al has stalled until just recently price pokes it head barely above the last major high.

Texas had a special election the other day for a state seat. Hillary won the district by 12 points in the '16 pres election. The Republican took the seat...first time in 139 years! Does that sound like a "blue wave" in the making? Not really.

You're likely not going to hear that reported on the major news. Doesn't fit the doom and gloom narrative that the good times will stop at this election.

I don't think there's going to much going on with anything until the election is over. People don't know if the good times roll on or go back to the sluggish democrat rule growth.

Time will tell.

Messages In This Thread

DOW, uncertainty, and the media *LINK*
Re: DOW, uncertainty, and the media
Re: DOW, uncertainty, and the media