Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Amazon and China...
In Response To: Amazon and China... ()

Amazon is destroying domestic retail platforms. When I ship something I've sold on ebay, the freight may be $12.75, but ebay and Amazon ship the same products for less than $3.00. Who do you think is funding the USPS daily cash needs and the USPS pension plan? Also, Amazon, at least for now, accepts free returns. That puts me in the position of having to compete on an unfair and unlevel playing field due to postage costs. If you sell on ebay, ebay always sides with the buyer in a dispute and you are forced to take most all returns and pay postage both ways. The common vendor is being kicked to the curb.

Who does USPS work for and who benefits?

Trump was going to fix this, he said....until he didn't. America is dying and he's dancing around throwing confetti saying everything has turned around. That's a laugh. His idea is to put on tariffs that the common man pays for in higher prices and then he gives it all to his corporate buddies in subsidies.

What is needed are new politicians who can make .gov work for the people, not the other way around.

You can buy a lawn mower from WalMart in the Spring and return it in the Fall after using it all Summer for a full refund (this Fall go to the Lawn & Garden area and check out all of the well-used lawnmowers sitting around for sale at a discount). How do they do that and stay in business? Your locally owned mower shop sure couldn't, so it's now out of business.