Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: An amazing testament to Capitalism...

My wife's mother just passed away, at 2:00 am., EDT. To book a flight to Japan .... when we, off season, can sometimes score a deal of between 650-800. The very cheapest flight we can book, is slightly over four thousand dollars. It goes Hopkins to Ohare, or same price Atlanta ... to freakin' Amsterdam then to Tokyo. All direct flights, either out of OHare or Atlanta are fully booked. Not one available seat. Three days is the burial time, traditional time from death. No way that she can make the funeral.

I remember, when flying business class, I could book a direct flight (not really direct ... The Mistake on the Lake ain't no international airport), but either OHare or Detroit, Arctic route ... same day ... no problem. Whether coach or business class ... those are ALL filled. Not one empty seat.