Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Here's a thought amidst the shutdown...

back in the day when I owned a parking lot sweeper company I was leaving the local WalMart and I heard...Wayne Fisher? I stopped to see who it was. Hey Wayne, haven't seen you since High School. Blah blah blah...guy say's he got "let go" from the rail road company he worked at. That should have been a clue as to his work acumen cause the RR are highly unionized and its nearly impossible to get "let go".

He needed work, I had work that needed to be done. Meet me at such and such and you can weed eat some properties for me. I did lawn maintenance on some of the properties we cleaned. So he met me at designated location at appointed time...good sign. I handed him a weed-eater, showed him how to operate it and set him loose. Told him I had other business and would be back in a couple hours.

Got back and found the guy sitting on the ground...taking a break. He had gone maybe ten feet down the 3 foot deep ditch that needed to be trimmed up. Ten feet. The whole thing should have been done in an hour...30 minutes if I did it.

Totally incompetent fool...and lazy...and possibly stupid, to boot. Falls squarely into the "worthless" category. Needless to say, his employment by me was immediately terminated.

Union workers were forbidden from my hiring list from that point forward. I suspect this mentality is rampant in the union shop of the godvernment.