Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Finish the wall...
In Response To: Re: Finish the wall... ()

Given the inability of a lot of people around the world to arm themselves with every elephant gun caliber in the world, like someone who frequents this forum, I guess you have to make do with what they'll let you have, like a pop gun or an air gun. Plus...in lieu of cape buffalo I guess you have to make do with rats, squirrels, rabbits, and birds.

I could see getting into ratting whole hog. Hunting is hunting and like the guy said...a head shot on a mouse is something of a challenge. A rat maybe being a tad less challenging...one could up the challenge by going for rat eyeball shots.

Twice a year our house gets field mice from the field. I used to put out traps and glue paper stuff down to catch and kill them. I finally gave up on that and started using poison green pellets. Tom Cat, I think it's called. But...after years of doing this...I noticed the mama and papa mice come out and get food to take back to the nest. When they do that they leave the teenage mice behind to mind the nest. I know this because once I wipe out the mama's and the papa's...I see smaller mice come out...the teenagers...then after I wipe out the teenagers...the babies will come out. It took me several years to figure out what time of the years this invasion happened...now, at those times, I just throw out the poison and kill the mama's and the papa's before they have a chance to settle in.

Anyway...when the babies came out in search of food, they were so small I would see them sitting on the cheese in the traps munching on the cheese without tripping the trap. Out comes the pump-up crossman 177 pellet gun. One pump, so as to not overly mar the paint on the base trim should I miss...pffft...pellet barely makes it out the barrel. Smack...dead baby mouse from 20 feet away.

Now that's a challenge. HAHA