Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: THE WALL/icd/Spike
In Response To: Re: THE WALL/icd/Spike ()

I'm only relaying hearsay, as ... of course, I NEVER had anything to do with the substance. "Acapulco Gold, AKA Guerrero Gold is still in existence. It may have been taken out, due to cross-pollination with FAR stronger THC content plants, but no one purposefully put it out of existence. In 72-73 timeframe, one pound bricks were readily available for between 75 and 100 dollars .... No big deal, but people thought it special and you could get $25.00 per ounce, as opposed to the normal $15-$20 per ounce Colombian (ten to twelve per lid).

Colombian was NOT gold, it was green ... but much higher THC than standard Mez skank (green Mexican marijuana).

The potent stuff, available at that time, was from Viet Nam, often referred to as Nam grass. I knew someone that had a brother, Second lewey shave tail, over in Viet Nam, that sent him a carton of Camel Filters, fully wrapped packages of twenty, in Camel softpacks, coming in a standard Camel Filter carton. When a package was open, the cigarettes looked almost identical to a normal Camel, complete with filter. That was (again, this is just hearsay ... I would have no way of actually knowing) was a debilitating stone ... They wouldn't even break the filter off ... pass it around the room ... and EVERYONE would simply go nighty-night .... REAL stoner material. Beyond the expression of, "high as a kite".

Columbian, like its cheaper Mexican counterpart was green. Guerrero Gold was actually a golden color. In order of strength ... 1) Nam grass .... BY FAR ... 2) Acapulco/Guerrero Gold 3) Colombian 4) Mexican green ... and coming in so far behind, hardly worth mentioning .... Ditch Weed.