Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Scott, Braun Bill
In Response To: Re: Scott, Braun Bill ()

No, I had nothing to do with the cartoonish camel design. The earliest item I have seen was a T-shirt with that long face from Daytona Beach in I think it says 1982. Supposedly, the design was presented much later as an original creative but the T-shirt would seem to indicate otherwise. The shirt was given to me long ago by a Group Promotions Manager (he handled the 3 large RJR brands Winston, Salem and Camel). I worked in collaboration with him after he left RJR on the Camel promotions stuff. The fishing lure that launched the program was the idea of my friend. The idea of putting "cash" in the packs was mine. The cash idea was not original either. It was done in the early 1900s but I suggested resurrecting it. I had the fishing lure manufacturer under a year's contract when he gave the ideas for the program to a large NY agency and did the lure. RJR probably did not know the idea was stolen and that they were being pitched a lure when it was tied down by me. However, they did it anyway and I lost out.Obviously the program grew and morphed into something larger than I could have ever anticipated. I think RJR was made aware of the theft of intellectual property by my friend as the agency was released fairly quickly it looked like.