Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

renewable energy is ugly and destructive... *LINK*

I love the vast openness of North and West Texas. I have always loved seeing forever when I look out across the landscape. In this part of TN, with all the woodlands, you'll be doing well to see more than a couple hundred yards.

When I spent my first long stretch of time in TX and then came back here, I drove all night to get home. I had to stop at a rest area near Jackson TN to take a short nap. When I woke up and proceeded toward home the sun was just coming up. I was going down I-40 which is lined by tall trees. I felt, after living in the openness of TX, like I was in a tunnel. I felt claustrophobic. Took me a little while to rid myself of that feeling as I got used to be surrounded by trees which severely limited my view.

On my last trip out to TX I was shocked by the ugliness of the wind farms. Places where I used to top a hill and marvel at the wide open expanse of nothingness was corrupted by hundreds of giant wind mills. How ugly!

That property belongs to someone and if they want to plant windmills every couple of hundred feet, that's their business but they are ugly and destructive to the local environment to which they occupy.

Thankfully, California locals are beginning to fight back against the destructive and ugly...not to mention stupid...renewable industries.

A rare agreement with the Californians...finally. ""California's largest county has banned the construction of large solar and wind farms on more than 1 million acres of private land, bending to the will of residents who say they don’t want renewable energy projects industrializing their rural desert communities northeast of Los Angeles," the outlet reports."