Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Terrible Tuesday +40 years...

that's true...tornado's been happening since forever. Luckily, I've never even seen one and it would suit me just fine if I live the rest of my days not getting to see one.

I had called home from the apt complex laundry once. I was talking to the old man on the phone...it was lightening and thundering. Phone line crackling...BOOOOMMM! Old man was like...what the hell is that. Oh, it's a storm, they got some whoppers out here. That was before I had learned about "Tornado Alley" and the propensity for tornado's out there. I didn't pay anymore attention to the storms out there than I did out here until I learned that wasn't very smart. Better pay heed.

I was laying in bed one night reading a book. My head was propped up against the outside wall of the apartment...that wall was moving in and out by an inch or so...I just kept on reading. Thinking...Hmmm...never felt a building move like this.

Interesting place to live. I wouldn't do it again unless I had a storm shelter on the property I was living in...even if it has been 40 years since it's has been hit.