Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Militarized Police
In Response To: Re: Militarized Police ()

I know a feller that used to own a cop bar. Cam's Corners is an old Irish part of the west side of the Mistake-on-the-Lake. He sold it to some fire men and they sold it to a group of cops ... But, that's another story for another time.

Occasionally, if I was in that area, I'd drop by and shoot the bull. His family owned a large tract of farmland and woods, in Ashtabula County. So, I always had a place to hunt deer ... and, just maybe ... poach me one 'r two. Tons of wild turkey and ... "You mean there's a season for turkey ....?"

In any event, late morning, early afternoon, late afternoon to evening, up to last call .... The place was filled with hard drinkers, just poundin' 'em down. And, they were poeleese. They'd literally stagger out the door and climb into a car. Bear in mind that these are the same cops that will ask you to get out of your car and take a field sobriety test, if it's late at night. I used to be "Designated Driver", as I had some elevated enzyme levels and simply couldn't drink .... The number of times that I'd get pulled over, after dropping off the drunks, I need to take my shoes off to count. Always with, "You seemed to be driving erratically" or "You made a wide left turn back there ..." One cop used the "wide left turn" line when I hadn't made a left turn since dropping off the final drunk. Two right turns and driving straight. I asked him if he knew his right from his left ... He was not amused.