Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: ICD will love this budget proposal...

The five year look back, seems fair. If I have assets that would have paid a portion of my LTC expense ... say, a hunnert large or so ... Obviously, that's not even enough for a year and one half ... but it's something.

Under existing recapture (taxpayer funds that should have been paid by the recipient), those that were gifted are only responsible for the amount that was moved to them.

There is an entire industry built around teaching people, many of them quite wealthy, how to avoid paying their own way ... having the taxpayer pay instead. I've seen instances of multi-millionaires go on welfare. And, not simply an outlier, but many.

Title Act 19 funds (Medicaid), from the federal general funds are granted to the state agencies to allocate. So, there would/should be no reimbursement to the federal government, assuming recapture. Rather, the recaptured monies would simply be used for medical care of other indigents.

I have tried to find any other funds, collected from family, that are subject outside of the look back. I've used a few different search engines. I'll keep trying.