Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

And so it begins...and...people are stupid...

This might get long...stop reading here if you aint interested in my subdivision plight.

There's two old chicken barn behind me, on the farm property. They measure about 40 feet wide by 270 feet long...yea! People have been coming by taking pieces parts from them...wood...this and that but the prize seems to be the roof. Most barns have tin roofs. Not these...these are corrugated aluminum sheets. People are on it like ants. It is loud all day long. When we take the dog for her walks we have to speak with these aholes.

So...I'm working in the garage and this SUV comes up the drive. People out here know not to do that. I have something of a reputation for being the crazy guy that lives on the old farm. Some of it's deserved...most of it not but I like it...keeps people off me. This old dude with coverall's gets out and starts walking across my driveway. I holler out...what's up Farmer Brown? I go out to meet him. He wants to talk to the roof thieves about the aluminum. I tell him he's welcome to walk across my yard to go talk to them. He does then he leaves.

An hour or so later The Woman and I are trying to take our afternoon nap...Hey, I get up at 3 and 4 am...I'm old...I take naps. We have the house wide open cause it's nice weather out. We're about asleep and I hear a truck rumbling up my driveway. Had to get up to see who might be interrupting my nap. It's Farmer Brown...towing a trailer. He backs up to an area I use as a loading zone...gets out and goes back over to the barns to talk to the roof thieves.

What the ever loving F does this moron think he's going to do...drag that aluminum across my yard and load his trailer in my driveway!?!?

How stupid are some people?

Obviously this guy doesn't know me or anyone down this road who knows me or he would have been warned off from that stupidity! So I get up, get dressed, lace up my boots. I look out the window and see one of the roof thieves gesturing pretty vehemently with his hands letting Farmer Brown that he's on the wrong track and giving him directions on how to get where they are. Farmer Brown gets in his truck and leaves.

Yesterday, on returning from a grocery shopping expedition The Woman and I had to back up the road to let an electrical utility truck come out of our driveway. I stopped them and had a discussion about how they needed to get where they were trying to get.

So...I'm thinking I need a sign.

Here's a couple of ideas: Vote on which one seems most appropriate if you wish. lol

If you have Business with the subdivision go that way(with a picture of an AR-15 pointing in the direction they need to go...like an arrow) and stay the phuck off my property!

Or...If you need to talk to me, I'll call you. If I don't know you, I don't want to know you. Stay the phuck off my property!

Or...If you want to buy my property, drop 500K in small, unmarked bills here, next to this sign, with your phone number...I'll call you. Otherwise, stay the phuck off my property!

Or...Stay the phuck off my property. I don't want to see you, smell you, talk to you, or know you. If you can read this sign you're already to close!

Or...maybe...all the above on a 4x8 sheet of plywood.

I know my neighbors probably have a pool going on as to how long it's going to take before somebody gets hurt.

Farmer Brown was stupidly close.