Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: S&P
In Response To: Re: S&P ()

Never had Ken Jones. My first trade was in soybeans, in the Great Russian Grain Robbery of '73. I did the Billy Jones deal. In 1980, or it could've been '81, I bought the complete Gann course. Jones had purchased the rights to ALL of Gann's writings, notes and charts. The binder included two of Gann's original correspondence commodity trading courses, a stock market course, may of his calculators and tons of his long term charts (my favorite was wheat from the Crusades to 1950) ... I actually had great success using his "Egg Calculator" for trading frozen pork belly futures. I recall paying Six Hundred Fifty U.S. Yankee Greenback Dollars. That's one of the reasons that I used to laugh at "Gann traders" that seemed to do everything that Gann said not to do. But, then Billy Jones has another "road show" ... This time with this wheel thing. Gann had written nothing about it, but it WAS actually his. And, the big selling point was how "worn" it was ... You could tell that the GREAT W.D. Scam had used it, when he was busy making half-of-the-money-in-the-world. And, that was for the bargain basement price of $125.00. Never did figure it out ... but it really was fun to spin around. Just to find out how truly stupid I really was/am, 650 1980 dollars equals $2,129.09 in 2019 dollars and the 125 from 1982 would equal $334.00. That'd purchase more than a few rounds of ammunition.

Boy, was I stupid or what?