Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: S&P
In Response To: Re: S&P ()

I bought the course and through the years all of his books. Paid 1K in 1990 for the course. The big charts where awesome. I pieced together the wheat chart(I think it was...maybe it was the beans) around four walls of the house. Push pens and yarn where my trendlines. It was a work of art when I finished it.

I found one chart that corresponded to the discussion of "patterns" in the "How to Trade Commodities" book that shed some decent light on his patterns and retracement rules in the book.

Found it interesting, after a while, that the patterns he talked about where patterns that had been and still are around today...almost as if it wasn't original to Gann himself. Blasphemer that that makes me.

I never got into the wheels and the squares a great deal as I came to the conclusion, right or wrong, that all that stuff was more like his(or someones) proofs to his theorem. Still laugh at people talking about throwing a square or a circle on a chart and calling it Gann. I used to get hammered in here from the Ganners when I would make that statement in here. And then, when I would suggest that the astrology stuff he put on the charts was more him saying...this is how what I'm saying about the machinations of the chart works. Oh boy...did that get a rousing response.

I never knew Billy Jones as he had passed before I was on the scene or very shortly thereafter. I did speak to Niki several times, she seemed like a delightful soul. Remember them claiming that they had a tractor trailer load of Ganns writings and charts...so prolific was he. Everybody just knew the goose that laid the golden egg was in that trailer.

I bet if anyone ever saw the trailer it was a rusted hulk with flat tires parked in an overgrown field in the back 40. 😮