Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: worst western ever made and DC

One of my friends had an old black powder double rifle. Muzzle loading cap. Can't remember exactly the caliber but it was just under 60...57.58...something like that. Huge bore...looked like a shotgun. Seems like the bullet weighed in somewhere between 690 and 720??? We took it out hog hunting once. Didn't see anything but we shot it down a creek bed...probably 100 yards plus a little.

It was the funniest thing. You had to aim at the moon and you could just about reload the thing before that hunk of lead hit downrange.

We desperately wanted to shoot a big ole hog with it just to see how many times it would roll it over.

We were checking the velocity of the bullet with my chronograph...boom nicked the chrony...friend profusely apologized...we set it up again as it was still working...boom...that was the end of the chrony. Dead hit. LOL

I agree with you...a double rifle would be one cool shooting implement to add to the collection.