Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Trades: Thoughts on Gold/Silver/Andrew

Dear Trades,

Thank you so much for your charts and thoughtful analysis. I apologize for not responding sooner. I just got an ipad and playing with the various apps. is addicting, lol. I now see why apple is such a hot stock; the ipad is truly an amazing product with apps for just about anything. As per teaching, I am in the states and teacher salaries are okay here, probably a little less than in Canada, but it is something I am passionate about. I have always had an interest in teaching and social work, but since I have the education to become a teacher immediately I decided to try that first. Social work would require another two years of schooling, which if I decide to do, I can study while teaching. My friends from college will be making a lot more money in the business world but I can't work at something I don't like just for money.

As per the charts and your thoughts, as always, they are very useful. I haven't had too much time to look through and study the "Visual Investor," so your input is invaluable. I know now that capital preservation is job number one, as you've always stated. I am not going to chase anything here and will wait for pullbacks to possibly invest. I'm not going to make an impulsive trade as I've learned from this mistake.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend (a nice break from the markets!). As always, I greatly appreciate the time, effort and thoughtfulness of your responses to my posts. You are truly a kind and generous person. I know I don't speak just for myself when I say that this forum is a great help to me in large part due to your contributions.

Best wishes to you and your family!
Andrew