Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Trades: Thoughts on Gold/Silver/Andrew

Thank you! That is incredibly nice of you to chart and explain. I shall spend time tomorrow going over these charts. If anything, I have learned from your posts as well as quite a bit from my own mistakes about the psychology part and holding on to loses, hoping they go hiigher. It seems humans are just hard wired to be crappy traders and lose a lot of money, lol. I can tell you have learned a lot over time about the common mistakes and appreciate you taking the time to help newbies not fall into the same pitfalls. When I'm about to do something impulsive or something I should know better not to, I check myself and stand back from the situation, and recall my mistakes and your words of caution: capital preservation and don't chase the dragon, and of course the importance of resistance and support levels, which is the one thing that stands out to me the most on my big mistakes. I would jump the gun thinking it "should" break support when like you say, the market unfortunately doesn't care what I think. The mistake I made was with silver, which is such a volatile beast anyway and a great way to lose money quickly getting whiplashed. If anything, I hope not to make the same mistakes and heed words of caution.

Well my girlfriend is getting ready to strangle me, lol. I will get back to you soon. Have a wonderful weekend!

Best regards and many thanks!
Andrew